Friday, September 17, 2010

how do I determine what munificent of memory to buy to upgrade my computer..Dell optiplex260?

I have a program that used to tell me adjectives the details about my comp but I lost it. I of late need to know what specific type to buy to upgrade to 1gb memory. within seems to be 2 different kind of dimm memory and I am not sure what works in my Dell Optiplex 260

how do I determine what munificent of memory to buy to upgrade my computer..Dell optiplex260?

Try the Crucial system scanner. It is a no brainer, and Crucial make some of the best memory sticks in the business.
if you're not sure write down the model number (if you still enjoy it) and take it to an electronics store they will probably be capable of look it up for you.
take one of the out-of-date memory sticks with you to purchase the bright sticks, or you should be able to identify by the number of notch along the toothed edge (1 or 2) lately be sure to only chose one mode to use and not mix them
Try this to be sure http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/categ...
I'm typing this from a GX260, the GX260 takes standard DDR:



*from Dell own documentation*

Memory-Architecture: 200- and 266-megahertz (MHz) double-data rate (DDR) synchronous dynamic random-access memory (SDRAM)



DIMM capacity 128, 256, 512 MB, and 1 GB



aka standard PC1600 (DDR200) or PC2100 (DDR266) DDR modules
Crucial can help you out beside that memory upgrade. They can take your computer model on-line and suggest the memory i.e. compatible. They have biddable prices and free shipping through http://www.24houredeals.com/crucial-tech...



Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment