Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How do I completely erase C drive on my outdated computer?

I just this minute bought a computer. My older computer be a hand-me-down machine which be about 7 years feeble. I have a functional DVD-Rom and a floppy drive on my hoary machine but I do not own any accessory CDs. I want to completely erase the C drive on my dated machine. Please insist on.

How do I completely erase C drive on my outdated computer?

There are many programs out nearby that will clear the whole drive. It depends on how safe and sound you want it deleted. If you're worried something like someone finding data on it, I suggest finding a "wiper". However, here is a honest one from PC World (magazine).



http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fi...



Sure Delete is another good product: (FREE)

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fi...
what OS?

you can usually travel to DOS and type in ---> format c:\

and follow the prompts
Get a "bootable" DOS on a floppy from a friend. Ensure you own format.com on the floppy. Boot via floppy. once you get the A:\> prompt, type format c: /u



This will erase the c drive completely. If you call for to setup different partitions, you will requirement a program called fdisk.exe.
Pull the chips.
walk the the site PC Beginner they go into detail how to fdisk your harddrive
if you own anyone you know w/ a comp that is not underneath any type of warrenty, just hold them hook it up to theirs as a slave ,,go into my computer, when the comp detects the drive, of late right click on it and choose the format disk option,, format surrounded by fat 32 because if you want to use win 98 or me or something elder for an operating system,, then if you want to put win xp or something newer on it , it will a short time ago reformat to Nfts file system,,

No comments:

Post a Comment