Friday, September 17, 2010

How do I access my desktop Hard Disk from Overseas?


How do I access my desktop Hard Disk from Overseas?

If you own XP, it is already built into it.

Its called Remote Desktop Computing.

Start, Control Panel, System, Remote computing.

I believe you must be contained by Administrator mode to set it up. Have used it many times, manifestly works well!

As someone else said prior, you may call for someone on this end to go and get it set up.

Good luck : )
plug in.
Use a program such as netmeeting, laptop anywhere or remote assistance. These will allow you to dial into the pc beside an ip address. Some programs will require you to have somebody at the other piece of equipment to accept the request to connect.
you can use www.logmein.com but you own to set up both computers on that site first
Try MyPC. Its a remote access program using the internet, your pc a short time ago has to be on at home and not a soul needs to be near.

No comments:

Post a Comment