Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How do I cleanup my computer's startup?

I own an HP Pavilion Windows XP service pack 2 computer. It takes around 3 minutes to start up.

How do I cleanup my computer's startup?

Your sheltered unchecking all if you will. (under the "startup" tab)

Under the "services" tab be carefull. Check the box at bottom "hide all Microsoft services" There on its adjectives sense what you can/cant uncheck.
Click start, run, type in msconfig, later click on the start button and uncheck everything there...unless as you would expect there is something nearby that you do want to startup when your computer turns on. It will ask you to reboot your computer, after reboot a box will pop up...click no.
getspybot go to tools and after system startup, or type msconfig in the run box and jump to startup to adjust programs to run at startup
I agree with other answer,But do not UN check it adjectives,Anything that says system be off checked,They have to run at start up.Things resembling yahoo,msn, anything you downloaded UN check but leave the system stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment